Next Wave Psychology trauma counselling can help you to move past the trauma and grief that is preventing you from enjoying your life. No matter how hard we try, past trauma can keep reappearing and make it impossible to ever move past that overwhelming feeling of pain and grief.
When should I seek trauma therapy?
Having some trouble moving back into your routine is normal after you’ve been through trauma, but if you notice any of the following, you should seek the help of our trauma psychologist in Melbourne:
- Feeling tense in your body, especially in muscles and joints
- A prolonged period of either an increased or decreased appetite
- Feeling anxious or depressed after normal grief has subsided
- Using alcohol and drugs to numb pain and self-medicate
- Uncontrollable outbursts of anger or other painful emotions
- Flashbacks to the moments of trauma
- Feeling disconnected from life, people and emotion
The symptoms could also be related to trauma that you didn’t experience yourself. If you witnessed a traumatic event, or someone close to you went through trauma, you may also require trauma counselling.
How Can Next Wave Psychology Help?
Dr Amber Denehey has a background in Attachment Theory, which gave her a particular interest in trauma and the ways in which it continues to affect sufferers’ lives. With the use of her evidence-based therapy, Dr Denehey can help you to achieve the degree of safety and support you need to move past the trauma and enjoy life again.
Contact Next Wave Psychology today for trauma counselling Melbourne.